Dolla dolla bill y'all! The Board of Regents have approved Ray Harper's contract as the head coach of men's basketball program at Western Kentucky. Here are the details...
- The contract runs from April 1st, 2012 to June 30th, 2016.
- Base salary is $375,000.
- 5% incentive of base salary if team exceeds a 940 on the Academic Progress Report.
- If team exceeds a 960 on that Academic Progress Report, head coach gets another 5% incentive.
- More 5% incentives if basketball season tickets exceed 3,200, 3,700, and 4,200 sold.
- Receive an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament, Harper gets a 10% incentive.
- If the Tops get to the Sweet 16 with that at-large bid, that's another 5% incentive for Harper.
- If, for some unforeseen circumstance (more cash), Harper leaves to coach another program, he guarantees a four-year home and home series with his new team and the Tops.